This week we were put into groups and showed our work on the brief so far to each other. My group really liked my Photoshop mockups. They liked all of the backgrounds I used and how it was laid out. Then the tutor came over to look at our work and told me he liked what I had done but there were a few problems with it:
-The backgrounds I used were not created by me, they were free wallpapers downloads and I edited
them to fit the design specified. The tutor suggested I should make my own backgrounds as it would look more professional.
-A good place to start for images is the assets that were give to us with the brief. I really should be using those images now.
-The homepage had some cool imagery but it didn't display the actual products. This is something I will need to implement.
- I need to do a lot more research too. This will give me a better idea of exactly what to have in my design. I will also know what images to make myself.
We then had a look at some well designed clothing websites in groups. We were recommended a website called thefwa.com which is a real authority figure in web design.
No comments:
Post a Comment